Weekly comic books are a big part of my life and below is a list of what I’ll be picking up this Wednesday along with cover artwork and previews courtesy of Comixology’s Pull List app.
Ten new books on my list this week. Apparently, Angelique filled some of the blanks while I was away from my computer. See if you can tell which ones.
- AQUAMAN #11 - Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? (Still a few issues behind on this series but I hear Black Manta is involved. I remember enjoying his part in Brightest Day and hopefully Geoff Johns delivers more of that.)
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #690 - Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does. Can he fly? No he can’t. That’s because, he’s a pig.
(Another book I’m behind on. Way behind. Her comments may even be relevant for all I know.)
- ASTONISHING X-MEN #52 - The issue focuses on Karma and according to Dustin Weaver, his cover for this issue was a tough sell with Marvel editorial. I’m hoping to see more of “Inferno Baby” Face who was last seen in Karma’s care.
- AVENGERS #28 -”Avenge me!!!!!!! AVEEEENNNNNNNGGGEEEEE MEEEEEEE!” -Non-spiderman’s dad to that other non-spiderman in that other spiderman movie. (Apparently she’s quoting Norman Osborn from Spider-Man 3. Can’t say I’m looking forward to an AvX issue focused on Red Hulk.)
- THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #5 - This series has been a welcome surprise and the secret history it’s revealing has more twists and turns to come. Be sure to check out our advance review of this issue.
- SECRET AVENGERS #29 - The AvX tie-ins have wrapped up and this issue gets back to the regular line up for the team. Plus another Art Adams cover!
- UNCANNY X-FORCE #28 - The current arc on this series is taking some bold strides and it looks like we’ll be seeing some time travel in this issue complete with Cable and Hope.
- WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #14 - In the midst of AvX, Kitty goes on a date? With the guy who may have delivered the killing blow to a character last issue? Here’s hoping the solicit (and cover) are deliberately misleading and silly.
- X-MEN: LEGACY #270 - Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel. I’m surprised Angelique left this one alone.
- X-TREME X-MEN #1 - Seeing the “X-Treme” title repurposed brings back some mixed emotions from the Chris Claremont series. Greg Pak’s alternate universe story from Astonishing X-Men that serves as the foundation for this series featured some fun elements, but even though I’m not sure it merits its own title I will give it a shot.
Check back every week to see what’s on My Latest Pull List and please share your thoughts on these titles and everything you’re reading this week in the comments.