Eight new books on my list this week.
- ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #7 – Can’t believe how many issue of this series have shipped since this debuted earlier this year. I’m hoping that it will settle into a monthly schedule soon.
- BATMAN ETERNAL #5 – Another week, another issue. It’s challenge finding reading time to keep up but I love that there’s more every Wednesday.
- CYCLOPS #1 – Officially, I don’t think this book needs to exist, but I will buy it, read it, and probably love it. Greg Rucka is writing this new series featuring the space-faring adventures of the time-displaced Scott Summers from the pages of Brian Bendis’ All-New X-Men. While I haven’t followed much of Rucka’s other work, his current Image Comics series Lazarus has become one of the titles I anticipate most each month.
- MAGNETO #3 – I blame the Marvel Now double shipping schedule for falling behind on some of the books I follow, but I fell behind on this and Moon Knight as well and they’re as monthly as can be.
- MOOK KNIGHT #3 – See above.
- NEW 52 FUTURES END #1 – This looks interesting enough to check out the first issue. Batman Beyond in the regular DC Universe has a lot to do with that. The fact that this is a second long-term weekly book DC is asking fans to commit to does not bode well for it staying on my list.
- ORIGINAL SIN #1 – I’m intrigued here. The zero issue was a nice setup and I’m looking forward to Marvel’s latest Summer event series. The promotional rubber Watcher eyeballs were an odd touch, particularly the energy crackling around the iris and pupil all of which the Watcher lacks.
- X-MEN: NO MORE HUMANS – The latest in Marvel’s new line of original graphic novels (distinct from a collection of monthly releases) is arguably the book I’m most looking forward to this week. I’m a huge fan of Mike Carey’s X-Men work and I’m honestly thrilled to see more of it.
Weekly comic books are a big part of my life and I regularly post what I’ll be picking up each Wednesday along with cover artwork and previews courtesy of Comixology’s Pull List app.
Check back every week to see what’s on My Latest Pull List and share your thoughts what you’re reading this week.