After a few relatively light weeks, I’m back to eight new books on the list this Wednesday. Marvel’s Infinity makes up a large part of it, but the return of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman and the conclusion of X-Men: Battle of the Atom are far and away the highlights.
- AVENGERS #22 – An Infinity tie-in. Jonathan Hickman has made excellent use of the main series and his two Avengers books to tell this story. It feels like there’s a lot that needs to come together, but I trust that we’re headed for a solid ending.
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #8 – An Infinity tie-in. I let myself fall behind after issue #5, but I’m hoping to catch up this week.
- INFINITY #5 – Hoping we’ll get more Thanos here.
- SAGA #15 – Always a good time. I’m expecting this to be the week’s top book, but either way look out for the discussion thread on Wednesday.
- SANDMAN OVERTURE #1 – It’s been a long time since we’ve seen new Sandman. With artist J.H. Williams III working with Neil Gaiman, this should be great.
- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM UP SPECIAL #1 – The All-New X-Men chapter of this story hit a lot of the right notes for me, but I still need to read the Indestructible Hulk special before I can get to this one.
- UNCANNY X-FORCE #13 – I think I’m an issue or two behind on this one as well.
- X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM #2 – This has been a great crossover and perfectly fitting for the X-Men’s 50th anniversary. While I’m sad to see it come to an end, everything is set up for an incredible finale.
Weekly comic books are a big part of my life and I regularly post what I’ll be picking up each Wednesday along with cover artwork and previews courtesy of Comixology’s Pull List app.
Check back every week to see what’s on My Latest Pull List and share your thoughts what you’re reading this week.