Weekly comic books are a big part of my life and below is a list of what I’ll be picking up this Wednesday along with cover artwork and previews courtesy of Comixology’s Pull List app.
Ten new books on my list this week, Uncanny Avengers and Planetoid are right at the top.
- A+X #2 – Spider-Man and Beast versus zombies. There’s not really any way I can turn that down.
- ALL NEW X-MEN #2 – I enjoyed the debut of this series a lot more than I expected, but I’m not sure why my expectations were low. The introduction of new mutants is still something I’m worried will get out of control, but so far so good.
- AQUAMAN #14 – I was prepared to drop this title, but the upcoming crossover with Justice League is keeping me on board.
- ASTONISHING X-MEN ANNUAL – Not sure about this one. It’s really only on my list to keep the series complete.
- FF #1 – This is a Marvel Now title that I’m not totally sold on, but it’s worth a shot for Mike Allred.
- NEW AVENGERS #34 – This title lost me over the last year or so with the exception of the Iron Fist / AvX tie-in story.
- PLANETOID #4 – Really looking forward to the return of this book. The art is fantastic and the story took an interesting turn last tissue after a solid start.
- SECRET AVENGERS #34 – The Descendants story is really interesting and I’m glad to see it’s getting a chance to wrap up before the Marvel Now relaunch.
- UNCANNY AVENGERS #2 – Hated seeing this book delayed right out of the gate. I’m thrilled to see it back today, but if this is the flagship Marvel Now title I’d expect a creative change to keep it shipping monthly.
- X-MEN LEGACY #2 – Legion’s story is off to a solid start. I was particularly happy to see a lot of the developments involving him from the previous volume of Legacy are still in play.
I’m also planning to take a look at Dynamtie’s MASKS #1 and Image’s NOWHERE MEN #1 while I’m at the store today.
Check back every week to see what’s on My Latest Pull List and please share your thoughts on these titles and everything you’re reading this week in the comments.