Weekly comic books are a big part of my life and below is a list of what I’ll be picking up this Wednesday along with cover artwork and previews courtesy of Comixology’s Pull List app.
It’s an absolutely huge Wednesday with eleven new books for me this week.
- A+X #6 – It looks like the solicit and the cover for this book are out of sync again (at least for the backup story as the listed Mister Sinister/Loki story was published in A+X #5 at the beginning of the month). If this issue indeed features Wolverine and Captain Marvel, I’ll be getting it.
- AGE OF ULTRON #3 – I’m still not sure about this series, but I doubt that will stop me from seeing it through to the finish. It’s early yet, so the event still holds a lot of promise.
- AQUAMAN #18 – I’m really on the fence with this series. I fell behind in my reading quite a whole ago and haven’t been able to catch up. If I buy this issue, it will be my last until I’m up to date.
- ASTONISHING X-MEN #60 – An X-Termination tie in issue but one that would have been on my list regardless. I’m not sure that crossing over with the current line of alternate timeline X-titles helps or hinders my chances of enjoying this.
- EAST OF WEST #1 – Jonathan Hickman‘s Sci-Fi/Western series featuring the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. That description alone got the first issue on my list, and an advance look at the debut has me in for issue #2.
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 – The “Point One” issue of this series was outstanding and I’m very interested to see what Brian Bendis has in store for these characters. It will certainly be different from what Danny Abnett and Andy Lanning were doing in the previous series, and the addition of Iron Man is interesting even if it does suggest some cross-pollenation between Marvel’s print and film universes.
- PLANETOID #5 – Ken Garing’s digital-turned-print sci-fi comic returns from a brief shipping hiatus for the finale of this first mini-series. Issue #3 was a high point, but what I recall of #4 didn’t thrill me as much. I have high hopes for how this will wrap up and I highly recommend it for fans of tales from the desolate frontiers of outer space.
- UNCANNY AVENGERS #5 – I’m very excited about the prospects of this series shipping monthly (or at least closer to it). It was honestly the book I was most looking forward to with the Marvel Now relaunch, and I still look forward to seeing more of it. Artist Olvier Coipel drawing the issue is an added bonus. I’m still undecided on his variant cover for this issue featuring Wonder Man and Rogue.
- UNCANNY X-FORCE #3 – Will we get an explanation of Energy Bear Bishop?
- WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #27 – Still have a lot of catching up to do on this series.
- X-MEN: LEGACY #8 – I’m enjoying Legion in this X-Men-less X-Men book, and Mike Del Mundo‘s covers are outstanding every time out.
Check back every week to see what’s on My Latest Pull List and please share your thoughts on these titles and everything you’re reading this week in the comments.