Weekly comic books are a big part of my life and below is a list of what I’ll be picking up this Wednesday along with cover artwork and previews courtesy of Comixology’s Pull List app.
Six new books on the list this week. Could be down to four after a closer look at a couple of them at the store today.
- AGE OF ULTRON #7 – I’m enjoying this series, but it feels like a lot of books have shipped at this point and last issue is where things really started happening. If the pace continues on par with last issue, there’s a chance this could reach a satisfying conclusion with just a few issues to go.
- ALL NEW X-MEN #11 – This series is the highlight of the Marvel Now line for me, but since it clearly goes hand in hand with Brian Bendis’ Uncanny X-Men the cover gimmick lacks some punch even though it looks great. There could be a surprise in store, but anyone reading both titles knows which of the original X-Men is defecting to Cyclops’ school.
- AQUAMAN #19 – There’s a good chance I won’t be picking this up. I’m way behind in my reading and I don’t want to continue buying it since I’ve clearly lost some interest. The cover definitely kept it on my list for now.
- THANOS RISING #2 – Another book I might not be taking home this week. The first issue didn’t really thrill me and the small shipping week is a big part of why I’m still considering it.
- X-FACTOR #255 – The Hell on Earth War concludes and it was recently announced that the series will be concluding as well. It’s disappointing, but I don’t know that the series would work without Peter David and it sounds like he’s ready to wrap up his story after a long time. The cover art for the few remaining issues takes away a lot of the sting. A reunion of Polaris and Quicksilver? the history of Longshot and Shatterstar? these are stories I can’t wait to read.
- X-MEN LEGACY #10 – The cover art is brilliant. Hopefully the interior lives up to it.
Check back every week to see what’s on My Latest Pull List and please share your thoughts on these titles and everything you’re reading this week in the comments.